Friday, March 13, 2009

Mattress Maniac

I know that most parents start to worry when their kid is suddenly very quiet. For the most part, when Zach is suddenly quiet, he is just really into whatever game he is playing. Not today.

I put Zach down for his nap and he was noisy at first, as always. Then he finally quieted down. I was hopeful that he was asleep. When I went to the door I could hear him quietly singing. It was so cute I peeked in the door and saw this...



That is/was his crib mattress. I don't know how he did it, but that's Zach for you! I was so shocked that I wasn't even mad. I finally explained that it was naughty and had him help me clean up. Zach apparently knew that what he had done was pretty bad and that he had better be on his best behavior. He brought me a can of the vegetable soup I always try to get him to eat. He climbed right into his booster seat and ate the whole can without complaint!

8 comments:

The Tregeagles said...

Holy Cow!

Melissa said...

How did he even do that??!! Wowee! You have your hands full!

Lauren Jayne said...

I would love to know the thought process behind this one!

amie979 said...

Your son and my big boys would be best friends if we lived close. I have a mattress that looks just like that. Ayden was looking at this post with me and he actually said, "Mommy, is that our mattress?" HAHAHA

Anonymous said...

Just keep reminding yourself of the cute spelling blog!! I think 'Holy Cow' sums it up, Michelle

jkmilligan said...

I'm glad to know that it isn't just my boys that like to destroy things!

Lindsey said...

Brooke,

I came across your blog from a link from Melissa's. I must say I was almost laughing out loud at this picture. I don't think I am ready for boys and the destruction they dream up!

Hope you are doing well.

Lindsey

Brooke said...

Yes, boys are fun! Why, oh, why couldn't he have been twins!